Saturday, May 12, 2012

Oslo Freedom Forum | Manal's Speech.

MANAL AL-SHARIF is a women’s rights activist from Saudi Arabia and is one of the primary organizers of the Women2Drive campaign, which advocates for women’s right to drive in Saudi Arabia. She garnered international attention after posting a video on YouTube of herself, driving, in an act of civil disobedience. In retaliation, the Saudi government detained al-Sharif and charged her with “disturbing public order" and “inciting public opinion." She was released nine days later, after an international campaign on her behalf.

Here is her speech from the Oslo Freedom Forum. 


Feel free to follow her and support her via Facebook or Twitter. My favorite quote from her.

"Because my mother couldn't change my present,I decided 2 change my daughter's future" Manal Al-Sherif. 

No comments:

Post a Comment